Maximizing Funding Potential Workshop Content Available Online
Public agencies from the innovation ecosystem shared how to access funding, what support is right for specific projects, criteria requirements and more at a full-day workshop on June 19 at the Metropolitan Conference Centre in Calgary. Some of the big names in the industry, who have stickhandled some of the province’s biggest decisions, shared insights from behind the scenes to a full house.
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA), Alberta Innovates (AI) and Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) partnered to deliver the workshop.
The event turned the table on agencies, giving them eight minutes each to pitch how projects with the potential to deliver environmental and economic benefits are selected. Workshop attendees heard from project evaluation experts representing the following agencies:
- Clean Growth Hub
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- National Research Council – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- Alberta Innovates
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC)
- Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA)
- Economic Development and Trade
- Western Economic Diversification (WD)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service.
Brenda Kenny—Board member for ERA, Board Chair for Alberta Innovates, SDTC member council—moderated a Lessons Learned panel. Kenny was joined by Ben Sparrow, Saltworks Technologies; Scott Nelson, Titanium Corporation and Osman Malik, DarkVision Technologies Inc.